Sunday, October 30, 2011

Accept Me

A few months ago, I had a little issue with one of my Christian friends when I converted. It was easily resolved, and we speak now :) So I guess you could say this is really the first time I have had a real issue with people not accepting me due to my religion. Which is kinda surprising, considering where I live (everyone around here is Christian, or at least pretends to be).
Well, I had this teacher. She was such an epic teacher, too! And she moved away, to get a higher degree, but we stayed connected through facebook. Well, I'm going to europe this Summer with People2People (EPICLY PSYCHED ABOUT THIS!!!). To pass my interview, I need three recomendation letters, two of which have to be from teachers. So, I decided to fax her the letter thingy and get her to fill it out. She said that would be fine, but...then never responded. Until last night.
I was at a party with my best friends, and I got her facebook message on my phone. She said she gave me her dad's fax number, sense she didn't have one. He got the fax okay, but she couldn't write the letter cause he ripped it up. She was talking to him about me while they were waiting for me to send it, and she happened to mention that I'm a Wiccan. She said I was the first she had taught. He is a Christian minister...
He ripped up my letter. Said he didn't want my "filthy Wiccan BS contaminating his office".
Ya, I burst into tears when I read that. She told me I could just snail mail it to her...but I kinda don't want to. I mean, I know there's gonna be close-minded, judgmental people in the world. I just didn't expect that kinda pain to be delivered by my teacher! *sigh* sadness :(

--Ink--

No comments:

Post a Comment