Monday, December 19, 2011

Falling Into Me


I am falling, and there’s no one to save me.
The thrill seeking reader will read this as if I’m in danger. The romantic reader will read this as if I have found new love. Well, this is neither of those things.
I am falling, and there’s no one to save me; I don’t want to be saved.
This isn’t a thriller, romance, horror, fiction, historic fiction, or…well, anything like that. This is simply a plain and simple religious nut, writing about just how nutty she is becoming.
I am falling, and there’s no one to save me; I don’t want to be saved. I’m so happy with who I’m becoming!
Just what is it I’m becoming? I don’t know. I guess I will find out when I get there.
What am I now? Well…I’m nothing, and I’m everything.
I’m a Wiccan, through and through. I am everything, for I am Wiccan. Libra is everything thing, and so I am everything. I am nothing, for I am just one other soul working to learn her lessons in life; I will die, and I will be gone. For this, I am nothing, and yet, I am everything. I don’t care what anyone thinks about that. It is who I am; it is my path in life. My life is lit by the Goddess inside me.
God…Goddess…I use them interchangeably. I am monotheistic, I just don’t place sex on my God; he is neither. He is the ultimate Soul; he is the Balance by which all things are kept together, he just is.
When people ask me who I worship, I tell them “the male persona of the personified Libra”. Try saying that five times fast… It’s the easiest way to try to describe what I believe to an outsider. Truly, I just believe what I see. I see balance everywhere. I see Libra everywhere. (Libra is Balance, by the way). I don’t really know what to say when it comes to worship. Libra is my God, and I am devoted to what I believe and what I am meant to be doing in my life. But…worship? That sounds far too Christian. Christian’s follow a strict set of rules that shut them out from their Home and their God; they portray their God as being petty and…I just don’t like it. I’m not perfect, and I don’t want to have to try to be. I just want to be me. Wicca lets me be me.
Honestly…that’s all I want.
Wicca isn't just a religion. It's a way of thinking, and a way of life. Wicca is a very harmonious, peaceful, and balanced way of thinking and living. It allows free thinking and free living. Wiccans do not believe they will be sent to a fiery hell if they have sex before marriage (or some other "sin"). It is up to the Wiccan to decide if it is morally wrong or not. And if she or he has hurt someone, then they will be duly punished in life. Not death.
Wicca incorporated a lot of appreciation towards the wonders of nature, such as animals, flowers, and etc. People who follow the Wiccan way also learn the knowledge of witchcraft, and use it in a practical way. Witchcraft is about healing, and bringing love, happiness, and peace to the world.
Not so long ago, Wiccans were hunted and persecuted by the Church, as part of making Christianity more popular. Wicca was subjected as the work of Satan by the Church, to keep people away from it. They placed the evil, mysterious, and generally worthy of wariness archetype upon witches and Wiccans (and really, and other Pagan). They did this in an attempt to convert everyone to their own religion.
Wicca is not about teaching people the truth. It's about finding your own truth, and allowing other's to find what makes them happy. It doesn't matter who's right, all that matters is that your happy in what you believe.
I'm proud to call myself a Wiccan, and a Pagan. I'm very proud! :)

Blessed Be
~Ink~

No comments:

Post a Comment